The basic beliefs of the Church are as follows:
- The divine inspiration, authority and inerrancy of the Holy Scriptures.
- Belief in God, the Father Almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
- Belief in Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, His Virgin Birth, Sinless life, Atoning Death, Triumphant Resurrection, Ascension and Abiding Intercession; His Second coming and Millennial Reign upon earth; through when God created all things.
- Belief in the Holy Spirit.
- The unity of the Godhead and the Trinity of the Persons therein.
- The utter depravity of human nature, the necessity for Repentance and Regeneration and Eternal Doom of the finally impenitent.
- Justification and Sanctification of the Believers through the finished work of Christ.
- The Sacraments of Baptism by Immersion and of the Lord’s Supper.
- The Baptism of the Holy Spirit for Believers with signs following.
- Church Government by Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors, and Elders/Deaconesses.
- The Nine Gifts of the Holy Spirit for the edification, exhortation and comfort of the Church which is the Body of Christ.
- The possibility of falling from Grace.
- The obligatory nature of Tithes and Offerings.
- Divine Healing through obedience to the command of our Lord Jesus Christ and Faith in His name and merits of His blood for all sicknesses, diseases and infirmities.
- The Kingdom of God currently in the hearts of those who are born again of water and Spirit.
- Resurrection of the dead for judgement and entry into eternal life or God’s eternal Kingdom for those who are adjudged qualified or the lake of fire for eternal torment for the others.
- Salvation by the grace and mercy of God and not by works.
Our Mission is basically to make people all over the world disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ and to prepare them for admission into God’s eternal kingdom for a life of eternal bliss and glory. This will be achieved through the following activities:
- Preaching and teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of God according to the Holy Bible through open air crusades, in-door revival services, mass media and pulpit ministry.
- Publishing books, treatises, tracts and magazines in furtherance of (1) above.
- Catering for members of the Church by establishing assemblies and through planned programmes.
- Establishing educational institutions for the education of members’ children and others as may like to attend such institutions.
- Providing facilities, including seminaries, for the moral and spiritual education and development of members and workers.
- Providing free borehole water and primary medical care to the rural communities in which our assemblies are located.
We will be a worldwide faithful church of Jesus Christ composed of genuine disciples of our Lord, who are focused on admission into God’s eternal Kingdom, fully empowered on earth to liberate mankind from the kingdom of darkness, ignorance, poverty and disease into God’s eternal Kingdom.
Pillars of the Church
The foundation of the Church is the Lord Jesus Christ. The church rests on three pillars:
The Word of God
This is our food for spiritual nourishment and growth; our constitution for God’s Kingdom.
The Holy Spirit
Living in us and in our midst, He will guide us in all things; empower us through His gifts; reveal to us all the things we need to know; and comfort us as needed.
Through this, we plug into the omnipotence of God to impact the world and bring down God’s intervention such that His will is done on earth as it is in heaven and in our lives.
Our Core Values
The following core values will guide our activities:
Our goals include the following:
- Through our evangelism outfits, Mount of Comfort World Outreach (MOCWO) and Light of the World Society, we will be holding several major crusades in a year in Nigeria and abroad.
- Rural evangelism is a key element of our strategy. We expect to add several rural branches annually to our assemblies, each branch with attached free nursery and primary school, primary health care facilities and free water supply for the people of the village.
- Every member of our assemblies will be a genuine disciple of our Lord Jesus Christ through our discipleship programme.